9.30.2015

fall woolens

Can you believe that it's already the last day of September? This month has just flown by. There has been a lot of knitting on little projects here lately and today I have a couple of new fall woolens to share with you.



First up is Laurus, the fourth hat in the fringehatalong. It was a quick and simple knit with a cute little bit of colorwork thrown in. I decided to go with a brown/cream marled yarn for the main color combined with a kelly green contrasting yarn. I like the outdoorsy vibe of the finished hat.


Next is a pair of fingerless mitts that I modified from this cute mitten project that I saw on Ravelry. I love how the fake thrums look like little hearts. I used a super soft bulky roving yarn in the stash that had a lovely mix of autumn colors. These feel pretty great to wear and I can't wait for the chilly fall days ahead!

Do you have any fun fall projects in the works? I've been itching to get started on a new sweater but can't decide on a pattern. In the meantime, there are still plenty of small wips to keep me busy. Happy knitting and have a great rest of the week :)

11 comments:

  1. Nice hat and I love those mitts! So cute and they totally look like hearts. :) I do have a ton of Fall projects in the works but I have to finish this wedding gift for a friend first and then a sweater for my niece since her birthday is in November. After that I can knit for myself... which kind of isn't enough time because I know it means I will be knitting for my girls instead. So I will have to wait for my own fun projects for a while yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute mitts! I made a Laurus hat too and a matching cowl for my son. My head is bigger than the biggest size and it ended up looking like a beanie on me. But my son loved it so there you go. I have too many projects for Fall, including two sweaters, one aran and one full of pastels, totally not me but will try anyway. And working on reducing the stash as much as possible, but I guess it will take me a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fake thrums?!! I was sure those were thrummed....look mighty cozy!! Always love everything you chose to knit....these are great fall additions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knitting accessories is always so satisfying! I don't know why I still haven't made a single one - it's all about garments :) I love your mitts so much - the colors and the pattern are so perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the mitts are beautiful - they do look like tiny hearts, an incredibly effective design! :) and the hat looks like such a lovely fit but also slouchy, very well balanced - love it! Bring on autumn I say too :)
    jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your smooshy beanie. It looks so warm, Tien. And those mitts are so cute as the red stitches look like hearts. I want to start a sweater but I'm still knitting holiday gifts. Trying to finish up the baby hat so I can move onto another overdue gift. Of course I put myself last.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! I love that hat. The colors you used just click together. And the mittens look so crisp and adorable! Love the ribbing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that it's October, I have hats and mitts on the brain ~ yours look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hat look-- fantastic! Your color combination is spot on. I love the fake thrummed fingerless mitts too. I have never done anything like this. I would like to try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They thrums indeed do look like little hearts, how adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful hat and mitts. Had to smile, I'm doing much the same: Knitting mitts and other compact things while I try to figure out what sweater I want to make ; )

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!