11.12.2013

knit.where outfit #17

daybreak shawl, gap jacket and shoes, american eagle jeans


We all love the look of a beautiful shawl draped romantically around the shoulders, especially when paired with a gorgeous flowy dress. But the look is hard to pull off when you have a million errands and the grocery shopping to do. And when the weather is cold and blustery, thus possibly blowing that shawl right off of your body. Here's a neat little trick: take a couple of removable stitch markers or coiless safety pins and pin the ends together. Then drape the shawl a couple of times around your neck, kinda like an oversized cowl. Unfussy shawl wearing at its best with the added benefit of keeping your neck warm and protected.

no more halloween candy...time to move on to thanksgiving :)

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I have a lot of shawl pins, but most are the stick kind, and can be dislodged too easily. Plus, secured under my neck might give me an unwanted poke. I did see a lovely pin at a local shop that I may have to get on Wednesday if it's still there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea about the coiless pins....i think you've just doubled my scarf wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great way to use markers and coiless pins. Thanks ! Also, the outfit You've put together there is the greatest and that's how I dress most of the time. Most of my shawls whether bought or made are more casual. I'm not much into the delicate frilly shawl. I think shawls and jeans are a great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the colors on this one, and your tips are very helpful. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. I have so many shawls I knit but never wear because I feel they're not practical. And your outfit is smashing as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Daybreak - and that is a really clever idea, I will definitely have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love wearing casual shawls and never thought of pinning them together with a stitch marker, good idea!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!