10.30.2013

cozy day


It's a cold, dark and drizzly day today. Norm recommended skipping the errand running and just staying warm and cozy inside. Good idea, Norm!


So I spent most of the day sitting in my favorite room reading and knitting. Here's a close-up of the knitting:


This is a free cowl pattern called Pine Bough. I am unimaginatively using the same yarn and colorway as the pattern sample. The colorwork is very easy and fun so far. A perfect rainy day knit. Hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween! The little guy is still debating on what to be. I suggested he wear his long red union suit and a blue wig and be Thing One from The Cat in the Hat.

nothing says cozy like a bunch of Halloween candy : )



(linking up with WIP Wednesday)

9 comments:

  1. sounds like a perfectly cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very nice cowl and I love the yarn. Beautiful as is your sitting room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would certainly be my favorite room, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the cowl...guess i need to do that one, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norm is a wise guy! ;-) the cowl looks cozy. I enjoy the time when the weather says I should rather stay at home and knit than go outside...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I'm dying to cast on a pine bough cowl and yours is looking fantastic. I'm falling into a serious rabbit hole with all the projects I want to knit ~ maybe I should just eat another piece of candy! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cowl. It looks complicated :) What did your little guy finally dress up as yesterday? Leo was superpup. There's a picture on my blog. Now if only they had trick or treating for puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color combo! We are having a postponed Halloween due to the threat of bad weather last night. So I had to get a dog/Halloween sitter since we will be gone. LOL. It would drive the dogs crazy to have kids ringing the doorbell while we weren't home. Plus, I need to get rid of all this chocolate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well those colors look awesome, so you should use the same ones! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!