7.19.2017

summer festival socks





Continuing with the seasonal socks theme, I'm thrilled to have my summer festival socks off the needles. These were such a blast to knit, mainly due to the interesting stitch pattern. I find that patterned socks knit up much more quickly for me than vanilla socks. The grey yarn is KnitPicks stroll in dove heather and the brightly variegated contrasting yarn is from KnittyAndColor. Not sure what the name of the colorway is since it was part of a miniskein set. It's funny how these socks came about: I had originally knitted the yarn into my cozy memories blanket but found that the bright colors didn't jive very well with the surrounding squares. I ended up ripping out the square and randomly throwing it in a bag with the grey stroll yarn. Something about the color combination caught my eye and prompted me to go on a Ravelry search where I came across this fun free pattern, appropriately called Froot Loop. It's funny how inspiration strikes like that. I am feeling like my sock knitting mojo is finally returning and can't wait to cast on another pair.

Things here have been pretty quiet of late. The little guy is at summer camp for the first time. He is having a fun adventure and making new friends. The hubby is starting a new venture of his own by exploring how to mine for cryptocurrency. It was hilarious how excited he was to mine $2 worth....in 24 hours. Oh well, it keeps him out of trouble. Meanwhile I've been getting lots of knitting and podcast listening in. My current faves are Little Bobbins, Yarngasm and Inside Number 23. Do you listen to knitting podcasts? Any favorite listens at the moment?

8 comments:

  1. Love the pop of colors on your sock! Happy accident for sure. Hubster is learning to play guitar. He already knows how to play, but is mostly self taught. He has been taking lessons at a music store and is like a kid again! I just might take piano lessons myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy feet for sure!!! Enjoy the quiet and the sock mojo return....my knitting mojo in general has been AWOL for a while; seems to be returning in the form of hats. We'll see how long this lasts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the patchwork details! Haven't been listening to podcasts for awhile. Watching Oliver Stone's movies this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7/20/2017

    Your socks are so fun! What a great idea to jazz up them toes and heels. I'm happy to read your boy is having a wonderful time in camp and making new friends. And thank you so much for your recent visits. I would love to have crab and lobster eateries around here; I would have to travel a bit to get to such a place. I love shellfish. My mum calls me the Crustacean Queen. Jellybean loves shrimp and likes crab; her sister likes both too. That Norwegian sandwich she had was a shrimp and crab mix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these socks, especially because the contrasting yarn you used is something I'd normally never consider for toes or heels, but it works very well! I love the Stranded podcast and the newly started Long Dog Yarn podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing like allowing your inspiration to take you someplace cool. Those socks are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love the combination of Cora for your socks. Very nice. So funny because the pair I just posted are almost just like yours. Our sock thinking is alike. I have listed to a few podcasts here and there. Lately I've been checking out Fairy Little.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your fun socks w/the contrast! I want some fun times socks like these!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!