12.16.2015

selfish knitting syndrome

sugarplum skyp sock for me

cowl for my sister

These two pictures say it all: I've been struck with selfish knitting syndrome at the most inconvenient time. With just one week before Christmas, instead of the gift knitting I should be doing, there have been too many happy hours spent working on all of my own projects. Today, reality set in and I anxiously cast on a cowl for my sister. A very long cowl using this pattern. I know she will love it but it is going to come down to the wire. Plus, I have a cute gift planned for my brother-in-law which isn't even on the needles yet. I have a feeling that I will be burning the midnight oil in order to get everything finished. Otherwise, there will be quite a few IOU's handed out on Christmas morning.

So, how is your gift knitting coming along? Is it winding down or are you just getting started? Hopefully you managed to plan better than I did. If not, these cute & free printable IOU's (plus gift tags and care instruction labels) can be found here. Happy elving and remember to have fun!

8 comments:

  1. I've been a selfish knitter for the past several weeks! And honestly I cannot stop being one :) Feels so great :) Your mini Christmas tree is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am of the camp that doesn't think knitting for oneself can ever be selfish, because we are calmer and better people when we knit. That means it is a gift to all that know us. ;)
    Love your tree and your skyp socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Tien. I need to do more selfish knitting. I still my little sister's Cookie A cowl! Ack! I have to take a trip to the yarn store (24 mi away, sigh) and I've been putting it off b/c I have baking to do, recently waiting for butter to come to room temp b/c I forgot to take it out this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those skyp socks are the best!!! selfish is just fine...the iou's just give everyone something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not knitting any gifts this year, so I'm right on schedule ;) That cowl is going to be stunning, and there's still time! Sending you lots of positive vibes to get it done on time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, I adore your Hello Kitty mini tree!! And that colourway for the striped sock is looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The countdown is on! The cowl is going to be beautiful, but I'm a sucker for socks. Great colorway, but honestly, that first picture is absolutely fantastic! Happy Holidays and good luck with your present knitting! (get it? present knitting? cause it's now and ... it's for a gift! ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am making a few hats, but not for absolute Christmas presents. I am hoping to have them done by Christmas Eve to give to my great-nephews, but if not, it's OK.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!