1.31.2018

madewell fade



Happy last day of January! Are you looking forward to Spring as much as I am? I’ve been flipping through my botanical books and sketching little flowers into my journal all while dreaming of the season ahead. It seems so far away when the chilly wind is howling outside and there are grey days upon grey days. Makes me ever grateful for all of the woolly projects in my basket. I’ve been making good progress finishing some of them so a cast-on party is sure to happen soon :) The latest one off the needles is my Madewell Fade. The pattern is a great basic cardigan by Joji Locatelli. All of the yarns used are from Hue Loco. This was quite a quick knit for a fingering weight cardigan. The body only took me a couple of weeks to knit up, but the project stalled when I reached the sleeves. It’s a mystery to me why sleeves take so long to knit but socks fly off the needles. Does anyone else have this problem? Oh well I am just happy to finish a sweater after going a whole year without any completed garments. I can feel my sweater knitting mojo finally returning. Have a great rest of the week!

8 comments:

  1. have you ever found a joji pattern you didn't love?!? I certainly love this one....and your choice of yarn....and the way you managed to make those sleeves match!! swoon! Great sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! It looks like a great piece that will go with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweater is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to come visit this post multiple times this year. I'm working on my sweater mojo this year too. It's absolutely fantastic. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This color scheme is terrific, Tien. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cardigan is so incredibly beautiful, and I love that it is a pattern for fingering yarn, meaning I could use up some of my skeins of hand dyed sock yarn in it. I'm in love with the colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear you knit this beauty in fingering weight as I have been wanting to make this cardigan but wanted a lighter weight one. Yours is gorgeous, with a capital G!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great color choice for this basic shape - love the gradient effect! Beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!