4.10.2013

springtime color inspiration

It has been a couple of crazy beautiful days here in Maryland! Sunny and warm, with Springtime colors everywhere you look.


The cherry blossoms are on the verge of blooming.


Even the weeds are pretty.

Now you would think that with all the gorgeous colors of nature surrounding me, some of it would find its way into my knitting. But no, color inspiration has no rationale or predictability.


Above is the start of my Aranami shawl, inspired by my pajamas :)

Hope that Springtime has sprung in your neck of the woods, too. And that you are enjoying knitting or crocheting in whatever colors inspire you.


(linking up with WIP Wednesday)

12 comments:

  1. pyjamas are as good a start as any! The construction of that shawl looks really interesting...going to look it up on Rav...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pjs......so wonderful knit!! love that shawl!!!! you always use the best colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl is going to be beautiful! Inspiration from anywhere is good:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love orange and pink and blue together too.Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love! Your pj's inspired something great :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pretty, spring is such a happy time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen knitters be inspired by many things but I think this is the first time I've seen someone inspired by their pajamas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What happy colors! Makes me smile, even though its dull and gloomy out. We had a few proper spring days here, temps in the high 70s but they're down in the 50s again today :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning color combo! I adore cherry blossoms! Thanks for the cheerful pics <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. PJ's are a really good place to get inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PJs are as good a place for inspiration as any. I love the Pink and Orange together make me think of rainbow sherbet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pajamas are a gret source of inspiration -- if you didn't like the colors, you wouldn't be wearing them, right?

    The only sign of spring I've got right now are the five new beehives hubby will be intalling this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!