4.24.2013

Day Three: Infographic - Lost in Translation




I thought that it would be fun to see how my ravelry favorited patterns correlated with the actual projects that I finished. To my surprise, at the top of my FO list were hats! Of which I own zero. Hmmm...very interesting. Also of surprise were the higher than expected number of FO's listed under toys, home decor and ornaments. I have always thought of myself as a sweater knitter, but it seems that I am gravitating more to smaller projects. This is most likely due to a lack of time and a shorter attention span. Although from the high number of cardigans & pullovers that are in my rav faves, I still mainly dream about sweaters. And you? Do your rav faves match up to what you actually knit/crochet?

 

(Knitting paper can be found here. To search for more blogs participating in today's topic, please type 4KCBWDAY3 into your search engine of choice)

17 comments:

  1. That is very interesting...I don't tend to make garments often...just finished a sweater...but I do make loads of accessories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great imfographic and it tells so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really interesting, I want to go and do mine now. Maybe I'll blog about it in the future of you don't mind me pinching your idea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never made a garment for myself and only one skirt for the Tween. I seem to be hooked on throws, huge beanbags and handbags. Love your graphic, it is super pleasing to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this charting AND the differences it shows between dreaming and intention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting choice of infographic. I wish I had devoted more time before posting mine. Thanks for the link about knitting paper. I think I'm going to need it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your graphics are lovely! Such a fun idea. I might have to try something similar at a later date. Thanks for the tip about the paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to see a Venn diagram to see if there was any overlap :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting graphics! I haven't checked, but I'm sure my FOs and Favourites don't match up - I add lots of inspirational patterns to favourites, knowing I won't ever make them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool! I feel like mine would be similar. I've been faving a lot of socks and sweaters lately...and my finished projects are 0 for 0 on those!

    I love your graph paper :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4/24/2013

    This is a really interesting project. It is really odd the way our brains think something that is not necessarily correct. I wonder why ....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't even manage to keep track of my projects on Ravelry, so I'm very impressed by what you have done. I also love all the colors you used on your chart! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must look into my queue and projects and see what it reveals about me. Love your paper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. VERY interesting!....I have a lot of sweaters in my Q and I've yet to knit an adult sized one, so you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting - it's given me an idea to compare what I queue to what I actually knit - I think the outcome might be similar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. that's a really interesting infographic.

    I love that sometimes what we think we do isn't actually the reality of the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorites are all over the place! I used to try and organize them and then I stopped. Most of my productivity is on smaller projects, too.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!