4.10.2019

sweater swagger


You guys! I don’t know how it’s happened but I am on a sweater finishing roll right now. The Weekender was such a joy to knit. Although I have to admit that when I first read the pattern and saw that it began with a tubular cast-on, my enthusiasm level was dialed down quite a bit. But there was a link in the pattern to a very helpful tutorial which has me now completely in love with the technique. The rest of the pattern was just as fun to knit and I love the cozy, relaxed style of the finished sweater. I honestly would be wearing this 24/7 if the darn weather here in Maryland would cooperate. At least it’s cool enough in the mornings to wear a wool sweater. The tweedy yarn is from Peace Fleece. It is very rustic and woolly but softened up a lot after a good soak. I am already dreaming of a marled version. Maybe I’ll splurge on some special farm yarn at Maryland Sheep and Wool next month.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the tweedy bits in this yarn and how they're colorful. I haven't tried a tubular cast on yet but glad you like it. Does it help keep the edges straight and down? Great job, Tien!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Looks like a cozy comfy sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful...I have yet to learn how to knit a sweater...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. You're an awesome sweater knitter.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!