4.26.2015

bullseye

A few months ago, I decided to join Ysolda's follow your arrow 2 knitalong. With some trepidation I started on the first clue, not sure where all of this would take me. You see, mystery knitalongs and I have not had a good history together. But this time around I was determined to throw myself into the mystery and to trust that Ysolda would not steer me wrong. I also set some strict rules: no cheating and sneaking peaks at everyone's choices before deciding my own and each clue had to be finished on schedule. And this is what I ended up with:





Clues ABABA. The yarn is just some knitpicks palette that was in the stash. I wanted to keep the color light and neutral in order to highlight all of the textured stitches. I think that Ysolda really outdid herself with this knitalong. It was a joy to knit from beginning to end and I loved seeing everyone's progress along the way. And the icing on the cake is ending up with a shawl that I am thrilled with.

8 comments:

  1. this turned out lovely!! Mine got stuck on clue one, stuffed in a bag, and tossed in the back of the closet. :( It needs to come out and play again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ysolda rocks. Ya can't go wrong with a mystery KAL with her. Terrific shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I didn't participate, but I love seeing how everyone's shawls have come out. Yours is absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, what a great knitalong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shawl, and I really love the concept of doing a KAL in which everyone can choose different clues. So exciting to see the many different outcome of this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a really lovely knit. It's great you were able to knit it from the stash and selecting a neutral colorway -- spot on! It really does lend itself to the beautiful texture in the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wary of mystery KALs, too, but I do really like the edging on that shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I played with the idea of joining in as I think Ysolda is so talented but I was too nervous to "knit in the dark." Seeing your gorgeous shawl inspires me to perhaps try the next one she does.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!