12.28.2012

Snowball Buddies


I can't rave enough about this pattern. All four snowball buddies were super fast and fun to make. The pattern allows for quite a bit of freedom to mix and match the animals. And each ended up having their own unique personalities as well. So without further ado, allow me to introduce:


Marzipan the Owl, a self-confessed fashionista who insisted that I knit him mittens to match his hat.


Have you ever met a mouse who abhorred cheese? Well now you have. Meet Candy Cane, who has a secret cheese phobia...but manages to make an exception for cheesecake.


Sugar Plum isn't your typical sweet bunny. She loves 70's punk, playing the drums and spicy carrot curry. She hates being called cute.


Last but certainly not least, meet Lolly (short for Lollipop) the Red-nosed Reindeer. He has been patiently waiting for years for his big acting break. Just don't mention that other reindeer. 


I hope that everyone had a bright and cheerful holiday! Mine was spent at home with my loud but loveable family. Lots of food, movies, laughter and chatter. Some inevitable meltdowns from the youngest members of the family that were quickly forgotten over new toys and sweets. A bad case of dishpan hands from cleaning up after my MIL. So sad to see it all over for another year. After the tree is put away, I might have to leave the snowball buddies out all winter long as a cheerful reminder of these happy moments.


 (linking up with FO Friday over at Tami's)

8 comments:

  1. I love them. So so cute (sorry Sugar Plum). I think these will have to be at the top of my list for next year's Christmas knitting .
    Best wishes for a very Happy New Year to you and yours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply adorable (I didn't call you cute Sugar Plum)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just fabulous, what fun they must have been to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Tien!!! Those are adorable!!!!! Guess they will make my 2013 to do list. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable, there I didn't say cute! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a loud and fun family, too?? We should get ours together!! Happy New Year and enjoy those adorable snow buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome projects! My favorite is the reindeer.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! I'm Pinning the project to remind me for 2013 holiday gifts.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!