10.31.2012

Halloween WIP


I hope that those of you who were in the path of Frankenstorm made it through safe and sound. Our little island took quite a beating from the high winds, but luckily the flooding and storm surges that are usual occurrences here during a hurricane were absent. It is funny how people react differently to stressful situations. The little guy was totally oblivious and just happy to be having a few days off from school. My normally health conscious hubby binged on junk food the whole time. Luckily, I had my knitting, otherwise there would have been some seriously nasty fights over the stash of Halloween candy which is now almost half gone. There is nothing more calm-inducing and comforting than an easy stockinette stitch top-down sweater pattern such as tea with jam and bread. I am just adoring knitting this right now, as evidenced by how fast my progress has been. Look, pockets! And a finished body! And half a sleeve!


Hopefully, I can get in some more knitting in between handing out treats and tricks to the trick or treaters tonight. I will try to post a picture of the little guy in his costume later. It is so cute to see his excitement over his costume this year. Have a safe and fun Halloween!



Check put WIP Wednesday for some frightfully talented bloggers and their ghoulishly good knitting and crochet projects ;)



eta: last year he was The King, this year he's The King of Pop!



7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it safely through the storm. Happy Halloween to you and yours. Unfortunately, we will be trick-or-treating in the snow here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to be very stern with myself to get only healthy emergency food ... instead of boxes of cookies and candy! It was frightening, wasn't it? All that wind and rain! Glad we made it through :-)

    That looks like a very fast sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you and the family are safe! I too had to resort to some yarn therapy after the news updates overload.

    I love, love, love the King of Pop costume! Absolutely adorable!!! And Daddy's Elvis wig is awesome too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the King of Pop costume! Your sweater looks great, and I know exactly what you mean. After being indoors for all but 3 hours since Sunday afternoon, we've experienced just about every mood known to man ;).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweater looks great! Love the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you're safe! Scary stuff . . .
    The sweater looks great though !

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased to hear you are sage and well. Love your jumper and the little man looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!