12.01.2011

Special Pages

Happy December 1st! It has certainly snuck up on me this year and caught me somewhat unprepared. By this time, I usually have an advent calendar set up (usually along the lines of what I did last year). I was tempted to forgo the tradition yesterday when it dawned on me that December was just a day away. But knowing that the little guy would be pretty disappointed motivated me to come up with a quick and simple idea. Everyone loves to receive cards in the mail, so this year I will be sending one card for each of the 24 days leading up to Christmas.


Besides the much looked for treat, every card will have a passage from my favorite holiday poem The Night Before Christmas handwritten on it.


I love the fact that I can prepare each card the day before and that by Christmas Day, the little guy will have a special handwritten book made especially for him by me.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/01/2011

    very very cute idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh, I want to be a mom like you when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful idea, I love it :) The post box is fab, and this is exactly the kind of thing that he'll remember fondly forever.

    Wish I had kids so I could do something like this, it's just my type of thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These kinds of memories are priceless ... I love the concept and its simplicity makes it even more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea! I wish I had started that tradition when my kids were little. Now at 14 and 17 they seem a little too old for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute idea... your little one is going to have wonderful memories of special holidays because of all the care you take to make them that way!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!