7.02.2018

spring into summer













Hello friends and so sorry to have been absent from this space for as long as I was! Gosh it’s been quite a whirlwind of a Spring! Things have been non-stop crazy busy pretty much from the time that I came back from Vietnam in April. A few of you may know that my little guy has some learning difficulties that make transitions challenging at the best of times. Things have improved as he is getting older but it is still stressful all around and I wanted to be as present as I could for him. We are breathing a huge sigh of relief that summer vacation has started! I celebrated by finishing up my first sock blank socks. Aren’t the colors so bright and cheerful? After these came off the needles, I of course had to cast on for a new pair. Calling these my spring into summer socks because the gorgeous colors are a reflection of the beautiful flowers blooming in the garden right now. Knitting with scrumptious colorful yarns works wonders for the soul. That is probably the main reason behind starting a Sunset Highway sweater. One day I just impulsively went through all the pretty gems hiding in the stash and rounded up some colorways that kinda went together. Blame it on the need to temporarily take my mind off of all the sad frightening news & events happening right now. I am a little out of practice with knitting colorwork but these things always block out okay in the end.

Looking forward to visiting and catching up with you all! I hope that your spring into summer has been a good one :) Have a fun and safe Fourth of July if you are in the States and a Happy Canada Day if you are from that great country!

7 comments:

  1. What fun socks! And that sweater is gorgeous. Wishing you all the best for the summer months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vera! I hope that your summer is off to a great start as well.

      Delete
  2. I've been a bit MIA myself....at least from reading and browsing blogs. Always come here for my inspiration....and you never let me down. Great projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph! I’m just glad that I’m able to find time to knit again. MIA has been my middle name lately :)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad your boy is finding his way with your support. Always wishing the kids the best.

    I love your seasonal socks :) What is the yarn and the pattern you are using in the first pair?

    I have returned to sock knitting during these stressful times as well. At this rate I'll be sock knitting myself into retirement and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I hear you! Not sure what I would do without my sock and blanket knitting right now. The pattern is my current favorite for heavily variegated yarn: handpaint highlights socks. Yarn is phydeaux designs in the calypso colorway which I found on Etsy.

      Delete
  4. I love how you put your son first and did whatever it took to be there. I hope he is a having a good summer. And I love seeing your projects. You chose spot on for your sweater. It was great character.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!