9.21.2012

yarn & bicycles

One of my goals for this year is to get back in shape. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people (like my hubby) who love to exercise for its own sake. There are always other things that I rather be doing, like eating, reading, listening to music or knitting. But the other day, I had a moment of inspiration. Why not combine exercise with something enjoyable? It was a beautiful day so I decided to pack a lunch & a small crochet project and ride my bike to a little dock at the eastern end of the island.


It was so peaceful sitting next to the water and looking at the boats sailing back and forth. I didn't even mind the bike ride back. So weather permitting, I hope to make this an afternoon routine on my days off. And the crochet project?


It is a smaller version of the blooming flower cushion from Attic24. Instead of a pillow cushion, I ended up putting it here:


Having a bicycle decked out in yarn is just more motivation for me to exercise, right?


(check out FO Friday at Tami's blog for more knitting and crochet fun)

10 comments:

  1. I LOVe thiS!!! Maybe if I "bombed" my bike, I'd drag it out more!! You're always an inspiration!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the cutest bike I've ever seen. I love the crochet flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Combining exercise in the fresh air with your love of crochet is perfect. Now if only I could knit while I run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I can't believe how much cuteness your flower adds to your bike. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bike! The flower makes it look even cuter. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have a love/hate relationship with exercise, but I'd ride that bike. The flower makes it even cuter. That's a happy F.O.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. I've been thinking of hooking up my bike with crochet to motivate me to ride it more, and I love the blooming flower idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute. I'm glad you rediscovered the joy of biking! It's fun, good exercise and it gets you places to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love it. I've been meaning to yarnbomb my bicycle (which is much older than I am and much less lovely-looking than yours!) for ages now, and your blooming flower is beyond perfect adorning your basket! I'm glad I'm not the only one combining biking and crocheting recently---I actually just biked and walked to a local park on Sunday and spent a really pleasant afternoon working on a giant afghan project. Is it weird if I say I wish we didn't live on opposite coasts so we could like, bike and meet each other to make pretty yarn stuff somewhere?

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!