2.24.2012

Varsity Mitts



It took awhile, but I finally finished the fingerless mitts for my nieces. Since Christmas and Valentines Day have come and gone, these are going in the gift box for next Christmas. Yay! In this case, procrastination ended up giving me a head start.

Ravelry is a great source for basic (and free!) patterns like this one which can be easily customized.


I added contrasting stripes to the ribbing and slip stitch crochet borders to the thumbs to give the mitts a sporty look. Plus little duplicate stitch hearts...just because.


(For all things awesome in knitting and crochet, go to FO Friday with Tami's Amis)

14 comments:

  1. I love the hearts on the palms. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! What a great pattern for leftovers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, love both color combinations and I love your way of looking at things...you're now ahead of yourself for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!!

    What's that yarn you're using for the main and contrasting colours?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I was ready to be all in awe of your Intarsia skills. Something I still need to work at. Kudos for being ahead of the Christmas season! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute. Great!!!...rub it in that you have already started on Christmas for this year!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Especially "just because". So Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooooh! I need to make these! Too darn adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet! I love your colour combos and the hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hearts are a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute. I love the hearts. And the color choices are great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2/26/2012

    Since I'll do anything to avoid duplicate stitch, I think those mitts are awesome! And way to get a jump on holiday knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great mods ... it's such fun to dream up motifs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute :) I love the way the contrast colour really pops :)

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!