11.28.2018

autumn fade







How can it be the end of November already!?! It seemed like autumn barely arrived yesterday. We had a very quiet and peaceful Thanksgiving last week. My MIL stopped by for a whirlwind visit on her way to Florida. So we ended up eating Thanksgiving dinner twice (the other dinner was at my brother’s). I also had quite a bit of time to knit since no one trusted me with Turkey duty. Two socks have been cast off since we last spoke. Both have been my constant knitting companions this fall and were joys to knit. The other project finished was a quick Sockhead Hat using a beautiful fall mini’s set from Hue Loco. I am calling it my autumn fade hat. Quite appropriate since we are now heading into the busy holiday season. Time to cast on some festive Christmas socks!


Did you cook for Thanksgiving? Any holiday knitting/crafting plans?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! The autumnal color palette is perfect. I especially love the fade in your Sockhead Hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Autumn Fade Hat rocks. I love the colors. Always love your sock FO's. Do you TAAT? I can't wait to learn that in February. I have two sock WIP's and I'm getting a bit tired of them. The only pair I knitted concurrently together were my Harry's. I think I have that Must Stash on the far left. I bought that at a STITCHES, probably two conferences ago. I need more Christmas yarn.
    LOL on your statement that you weren't trusted with turkey duty. It's a big task though to cook such a big bird. My mom has been cutting apart the bird so it'll cook more even.
    I made as you know the spuds and the pie. I'm glad they were easy to do and were a hit. My brother didn't get to have any of the latter b/c they had to go to another party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the stomach flu for Thanksgiving, so no one wanted my germs in the food! Knitting has been all about the yearly Christmas hats! 2 done, 3 to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fall knits are beautiful. I am always so envious (in a positive way) of your beautiful sock yarns.

    I was really hoping I would have some holiday knitting on the needles for me right now, but alas it is not the case. soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!