4.18.2017

spring mix


We are in the heart of springtime here in Maryland and enjoying every minute of this beautiful season. Easter was a quiet affair since I had to work. But the Bunny did stop by to bring the little guy some treats to feed his sweet tooth....and also left a little yarny goodness for me:


Can't wait to cast on a pair of spring/summer monster socks with these speckled mini-skeins from havirland....as soon as I finish the other two pairs of socks that are still on the needles. Still trying to resist the urge to start new projects but it's hard when there are so many pretty patterns and yarns floating around. I finally caved in last week and casted on a Campside with the beautiful Rifton yarn from Jill Draper Makes Stuff that I bought last year at Maryland Sheep & Wool. The colorway is appropriately named Spring and is lovely to knit with.


Here are some other things that are making life grand at the moment:

*Going for nature walks and enjoying some relaxing time with my little guy who is on Spring Break this week.
*Practicing & improving on my lettering skills.
*Spending time at the various fishing piers scattered around the island, especially at sunset.
*Eating fresh & healthy meal bowls like this and this.
*Listening to fun covers of some favorite mid-century songs from this soundtrack.

So, what's currently in the mix for you? Any fun new projects or favorite easy meals?

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/18/2017

    I haven't been doing as much knitting these past couple of days as I would have liked. Those mini skeins look fun and it'll be neat to see them knit up in your monster socks. I like that teal in your Spring yarn.
    Mahalo plenty for your recent, sweet visits. The sock I had knitted Portuguese style is shorter in length than its Continental fraternal twin. My gauge was half a stitch tighter (8.5 sts/in) while the Continental one was 8 sts per in after blocking. This yarn I didn't make a mini swatch for so I noticed it spread after blocking and so I don't really have negative ease and the fabric just sits on my leg and foot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely Easter treat. Sweets and yarn. Our Easter plans fell through, but it was a pleasant family day. Thank you for the tip on the soundtrack! I stopped watching that series for some reason. Probably because the tV is often taken over from me. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the fingering yarn came on those embroidery floss cards, how clever! Thanks for the playlist recommendations, off to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Spring colors! Love the way they look like embroidery floss in the picture. And your bowl meals look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore those happy spring colours in the monster sock kit! And I've also been eyeing the campside pattern for a long long time, it'll be so awesome in the yarn you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a happy yarn rainbow :) I love this time of year for all the fresh inspiration it brings!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!