11.30.2016

stripe happy

Happy last day of November! We had a lovely Thanksgiving filled with family, friends and yummy food. I had to work for part of the day but came home to a delicious dinner prepared by my sisters-in-law. One of the many blessings in my life is having family who live close by. Especially ones who know how to cook and throw a good party :)

I can't believe how fast this year has gone by! Only 3 & 1/2 weeks until Christmas! I know that a few of you have been knitting gifts year round. Wish I had the forethought to do that. There are a few gifts in the knitting basket which are underway. Just small things this year: a bunny which is currently on hold until the baby is born in January. The parents are waiting to find out the gender. As soon as that happens, I can outfit the bunny accordingly. Also some fingerless mitts and a cowl which I am still waiting on the yarn for.



And of course, there has been lots of fun Christmas sock knitting going on. Speaking of socks, I've got a backlog of finished ones to show you all. Presenting my Stripy Socks for All Seasons:

Spring

Summer

Fall

Winter

Spring is a plain sock with heel flaps. Fall & Winter are vanilla socks using my new favorite afterthought heel technique without waste yarn. And Summer is a scrappy monster sock with a Strong Heel.

5 comments:

  1. You know i LOVE a good pair of stripey socks. These are so fun and inspiring. I love the picture with the bucket of "next up" yarn :) I usually don't gift knit, but this year I put 3 knits on my list. The only one I'm determined to do on time is the scarf for my Moms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/01/2016

    LOVE the sock knitting of seasons. And love that colorwork. I've been putting off fixing my jumper. I've been immersed in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them media on Youtube. I had refused to watch anything about the movie until I saw the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, love sock knitting seasons!! That seems so appropriate to see them all together like that at the end of the year (which is way too soon, I need my December to have at least 6 weeks in it!). That bunny is going to be darling, and I love your mitts so far, the colours are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those stripey socks are making me so happy! I've really been in the mood for making a nice pair of stripey socks and am looking for the perfect self striping yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are definitely a sock queen!! All these fun stripes are so inspiring!!! And the bunny is just way too adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!