6.06.2014

siri


Siri is finally done and I am thrilled with how it turned out. It's the type of cardigan that will never go out of style and is so thoroughly wearable. In fact, I would wear it everyday if only the weather would cooperate.


Don't you just love the yoke on this pattern? So unusual but at the same time very traditional looking. The brown fishermen's wool and pretty embroidered wooden buttons add to the whole classic vibe of the cardigan. In a perfect world, I would be modeling this while wearing a lovely floral printed dress. One of these days, I will get around to buying or better yet, making one. But for now, my usual jeans & tank top will have to do. I predict that this cardigan will be in heavy rotation once the cold weather rolls around again.


The pattern was very well written by a new-to-me designer, Linnea Ohman. You should check out all of the gorgeous knits on her blog. I'm excited to keep the sweater finishing ball rolling. Next up: Uniform.

11 comments:

  1. As I said on IG, I love this and can't wait to knit my own Siri! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I am still searching for that perfect fitting cardigan. I think the biggest issue is fitting my arms loose enough without it being too loose. But current styles call for skin tight arms! I hate trying to put my long sleeved cotton T-shirt arms into tight fitting sweater sleeves! OK, rant over, back to admiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like you are my personal shopper. This is another knit I've got to do! Love the detail on the sleeves. Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. It looks comfy and cozy. I like the geometric stitch pattern on the yoke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting pattern. I really like the texture. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty! I love the leaf-like detailing. I'm headed to the designer's blog immediately as well !

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful pattern, I can see that it would get lots of wear and (as usual) you've done a great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely sweater and it fits you beautifully. Looks like the perfect "wear me every day" sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Very nice ! Unique but classic at the same time and I love and have plenty of Fisherman's Wool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! I'm afraid I never make anything in a neutral color. Then of course I never have anything to wear out since everything clashes. You make me wonder if brown or even a pearly gray might be interesting to knit with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cardigan is beautiful. I love the texture in the color of the yarn you chose. It is definitely a classic. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!