5.30.2014

a sweater I didn't knit

A very long time ago, after finishing my first hand knitted sweater, I declared that I would never again purchase a sweater in a store. Although that statement proved false, being a knitter has made me highly selective in what sweaters (and mittens, scarves, cowls and hats) I buy. Certain members of my family are given to rolling their eyes whenever they see me refuse to buy a knitted item in a store, all the while proclaiming to them that "I could easily make that!" The poor dears are still waiting for me to knit those items. But very rarely, I come across a ready made sweater and immediately snatch it up. Wouldn't you agree that this one has a certain je ne sais quoi to it?

linen stitch scarf, target sweater

I have been enjoying all of the Me-Made-May posts popping up everywhere. So inspiring to see people wearing their handmade clothes. Also makes me wish that I knew how to sew. I have a sewing machine that I bought a few years ago but have been too lazy (and just a little bit intimidated) to learn how to use it. Might have to look into taking a Craftsy class. In the meantime, I will try to get back to posting my knit.where outfits on a more regular basis.

7 comments:

  1. OMG, that sweater is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would have found this one hard to resist, too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I want one. I just went to my Target but they're limited in merchandise. I'll have to check out another location.
    I do understand the whole I won't buy a knitted garment. For me this is pretty solid about sweaters, although when I had gone to exchange my Xmas gift from my brother and sil, I got a nice GAP sweater insured. And I've bought two, cheap, cardigans from Target. I couldn't help it. I have a cardigan WIP but it will be some time before it's all hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, you couldn't pass that one up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is super cute! We're not machines, after all, so few of have time to make all of our own clothes these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, that sweater was a definite find!!! and looks perfect with the little cowl! I've sort of said the same thing about store-knits (and have broken my no-buy rule on occasion, too) :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I love you hand knits but that jumpers certainly is gorgeous. I'm not surprised you couldn't resist it.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!