4.23.2013

Day Two: A Mascot Project for the House of Peacock



My mascot project is an idea that I have been thinking about for some time. First, I would knit a blank canvas in the form of a simple, classic raglan sweater. It would be in a neutral, un-peacock-like color such as a heather brown or tan or grey. Then I would whip out the yarn needle in order to add all sorts of embellishments using embroidery and crewelwork to the front of the sweater. I would love to do something nature-inspired like in these lovely fingerless mitts. As an added nod to the House of Peacock, this sweater pattern would make a wonderful use of some colorful wooden buttons in my stash.



(To search for more blogs participating in today's topic, please type 4KCBWDAY2 into your search engine of choice) 

14 comments:

  1. Ooo, I hope you do it! That sounds really eye-catching and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll knit your design. It's really lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see this original idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection -- feathers and buttons are a winning combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4/23/2013

    I really like your take on the Peacock. It is quite inspired! I too hope that you make it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does sound lovely, it would be great to see it for real :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! I hope you do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! And I love the placement of buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds awesome! I'd love to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple, yet embellished to fit the peacock: I love this idea! I'm also a sucker for cute buttons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The feathers are a great idea. Would love to see pix when you finish this project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute! I've been dreaming of buttons down the yoke like that for some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks fun - a kind of freeform embellishment.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!