4.25.2013

Day Four: Color Review


Today's topic deals with a subject that is close to my heart: Color! When asked what is your favorite color? I would probably immediately answer with autumn hues like orange, brown and burgundy.


But when shopping for yarn, it is the blues, greens and pinks that usually capture my attention and wallet. I tend to favor knitting with bright color combinations in the spring/summer months and more muted ones in the colder months. Confused you yet? In looking at the previous year's projects, you can see that I am all over the spectrum when it comes to my color choices. One dominating theme, however, is combining a bright color with a neutral one.


I also love it when unexpected colors are used together, such as the acid yellow with purple in this sweater.


My inner peacock loves Noro! And Noro wanna-be's!




(To search for more blogs participating in today's topic, please type 4KCBWDAY4 into your search engine of choice)

8 comments:

  1. I too love the combination of a neutral color and a pop of something bright. Your projects are lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, I love see the color combos you put together, especially as you relate your knitwear to your "civilian" clothes -- very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the combining neutrals with brights trend, it's one of my favourite colour combinations too!
    And I love that last wrap, such a cool effect with the Noro (or is this the Noro-esque yarn?)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neutrals paired with colours can look so good - and yours always do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have such lovely combinations of color. And I think it's your use of neutrals that makes the designs POP! I so avoid buying neutrals, but am thinking I need to explore that area more. I am always stymied when trying to pair a variegate/stripe with a solid, because I want to mix it with a "color', not a neutral. Need to break that habit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have something there with the bright + neutral combination. It always looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you have fabulous color sense. I esp love that last cowl and the diamond hat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neutrals with a pop of color are really great, I love that cowl and striped sweater especially!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!