4.28.2012

Improving Your Skillset - 3KCBWDAY6



Today's topic ties in with one of my New Year's crafting resolutions which is to challenge myself to learn "something new". So far this year, I have intentionally picked projects that allowed me to challenge myself a little bit more. The following is a short list of some techniques that I would like to improve upon or learn this year.


Colorwork: stranded, brioche, mosaic

Cables

Lace

Unique sweater constructions: sideways, SusieM's contiguous method

News ways to embellish my hexipuffs




(Muckle CowlAidez Cardigan, Baby Chalice Blanket, Spoked Cardigan, Beekeeper's Quilt)

13 comments:

  1. That's quite a list... rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic line-up! I'm with you on the lace, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have knit some gorgeous stuff this year. I particularly love that lace blanket. It's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lace blanket is beautiful - but on this rainy cold morning, I have to say I'm most drawn to those cables. They look so squooshy and cosy and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hexi puff is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to seeing your projects with the new skills you'll be working on! I'll be working on those cables, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even if you conquer just one of these, you will be so proud! And just think about that gorgeous new project you can now add to your already beautiful collection of FOs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cables are my favourite thing, I really recommend the Aidez cardigan to practise, it knits up so quickly in bulky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have many things to improve. Colour work and embellishing hexipuffs in new ways are high on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4/29/2012

    I think you can definitely do it. For me, reading instructions can be confusing -- it's not until I'm actually DOING that it all comes together and makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so wonderful to look at! I love that you stretch yourself creatively (and technically).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous photos - I haven't seen that Spoked cardigan pattern before, but LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!