7.20.2011

Favorite Things: Matching Sets


Recently, I have encountered this magazine while reading several blogs based in the UK and was finally able to track down the first and second issues here in the US. It is filled with wonderfully inspiring ideas ranging from home decor to fabric and fiber crafts. I am especially drawn to the eclectic decorating articles. I envy the way some people can just throw mismatched things together and end up with gorgeous results. Is it an innate ability or something that can be learned? Over the years, I have tried to be more relaxed and less matchy matchy in my decorating style but it does not come naturally. However, one area where I embrace this matching tendency is in my knitting accessories. When things get a little chaotic around here, it is just comforting to pull out my matching sets and know that the knitting awaits and calm will be restored.


Notice how I managed to match my current cardigan in progress with the teal Namaste set?


And here is a spanking new set with its very own matching WIP, a toy cat designed by the fabulous Angela Tong for the latest issue of Petite Purls. It is a perfect little break from all that sweater knitting. Plus, the little guy has been waiting patiently for a hand knitted softie in his favorite color.

Check out WIP Wednesday with Tami's Amis for the latest in cool projects.

7 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Mollie Makes, but it looks like it would be filled with adorable ideas!

    I know what you mean about the decorating sense -- I swear I do not have the gene for it at all. I have friends who can walk through any discount store in town and come up with accessories that just "work" with their decor. On the other hand, I'm not sure we even have decor to start with :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a matchy matchy. I hate uneven or unmatched decor. I have to resist making things even across tables and mantles. Love the Namaste bag!! My friend has it in purple. I have the lime case and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love matching accessories, and I love how your WIPs match the project bags - that's so cool! When it comes to decorating, I can go either way. I like things to look like they go together, without necessarily being a matching set ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, fun! At my knitting group it seems like at least one person per week is wearing clothing that matches their knitting (never on purpose), so maybe knitters tend towards matchiness?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always find something new! Never seen Petite Purls before, love that cat toy pattern!! Love your matching sets :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours is the second blog that I've come across that mentions Mollie Makes; I think I'm going to have to start a search up here in Canada.

    I'm a matchy-matchy person myself. My sister is the opposite. My Mom used to say "some bake cakes, some make pies" to explain the two opposite personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From your blog and your photos of your home, knitting projects, etc., I think you have a great sense of style. Love that Namaste set!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!