1.12.2011

Welcome to the World

I love the name of my latest hat obsession: Welcome to the World Newborn Hat. You can't help but smile with happiness when knitting these tiny things up. It's a great basic pattern that produces a comfortable and well-fitting hat. The pattern also lends itself well to modifications. I added a little bit of fair isle to the first one. For the second one, I used these terrific mods by annypurls which you can view on ravelry, HERE. The third one in progress is for a little boy. These will be sent to Suddenexpression for her preemie hat drive. Click HERE for more info. I am hoping to whip up a few more to send, maybe changing things up by experimenting with different edgings or stitch patterns. Such fun! Also fun is Daybreak, the perfect merging of process and project.  You know the type, where the finished object is so desirable, but you don't want the knitting to end because the pattern is so much fun to knit. For me, fun usually involves self-striping sock yarn and slipped stitches.  Check out WIP Wednesdays with Tami's Amis for some more fun knitting and crocheting ideas.


11 comments:

  1. Twinsies! I'm knitting the same hat. For the same reason. And I blogged about exactly the same thing today. :) Mine's purple, though. These things are SO much fun to knit. Instant gratification!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hats are so cute! Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Goodness. Those are cuuuuute. I even have a pregnant friend! I know what I'm knitting her wee one to be now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable hats! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute hats. I'm sure they'll be much loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely hats. It's hard to recover from the hat knitting bug bit. It took me some time to, but now I think I'm bitten again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute little hats. When my twins were born (quite early) preemie stuff did not fit the littlest one until he was nearly 3 months old. I cut tube socks and turned them into hats for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So awesome! I just put this hat in my queue for the same reason! I can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute hats!!! and for such a wonderful cause :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the hats. Great idea for experimentation.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!