12.15.2010

Where are those elves when you need them?




Let's start with the good news: I managed to finish knitting 3 gifts yesterday. Now for the bad news: there's still 3 more gifts left to be done. This is not including the never ending beaded scarf that was started in October and is still not done because, despite my optimism, a big ball of mohair yarn must eventually come to an end. Yes, I ran out of yarn yesterday with only 12 rows remaining. If this scarf was just for me, I wouldn't care about the two ends being a little mismatched or making it a little shorter. However, since it's a gift for a special lady, those 12 rows will have to be finished. So with only 10 days left till Christmas, there's still 2 more Botanic Hats to knit, 1 pair of Give a Hoot mittens still in need of thumbs, and some mohair/silk yarn to magically spin up (since I don't know how to spin). Plus, 18 cards to make and send, a gazillion presents to wrap and a partridge in a pear tree.

Tune into TAMI'S blog for more holiday crafting drama....

9 comments:

  1. I love coincidences! I just put a picture of the cards we made from that same kit on my blog for my WIP Wednesday post.

    Good luck with the last minute knitting! This is the perfect time to put all the things you don't like to do (for me, that's cooking and cleaning) at the bottom of the list so you can focus on the gifts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your Christmas knitting, I know I could some too. Love your mitts.

    Sorry you ran out of yarn on the scarf with 12 rows left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, could you rip back 12 rows and reknit them to make the ends of the scarf match?
    I wish I had some of those elves around too, but I bet you can finish in time! I love the mittens and the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12/15/2010

    Oh man, it's so frustrating when you run out of yarn so close to the end of a project. Good luck with finishing up your holiday projects! Love the owl mitts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I'm adding the Botanic hat to my queue this instant. Good luck with your knitting-- mitten thumbs and two hats sounds totally doable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who needs sleep? You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah so close just think 3 more things than you can start knitting things you want to make lol i know thats all thats keeping me going, i am now on my 7th pair of exactly the same mitts hhmm lol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just 3 more items and 9 more days. You've got time. It may mean burning a bit of midnight oil, but you can do it. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm late to the party, but I hope you were able to finish all you needed to! If not, there is still a little time left.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!